Last Updated: January 28, 2020
Changed 2020-01-28 to reflect earlier switch from Google Analytics to Fathom - your data should be yours!
Lovingly Handmade Pornography will not sell your data to anyone else, will do our best to safeguard what data you give us, and will use that data only for the purposes for which you gave it to us.
The following describes the data collection and usage policies and practices that apply to our website. By using it, you accept the policies and practices described in this Statement. We reserve the right to amend this statement, in keeping with the above general principles.
- Site usage: when you visit this site, our servers may automatically record information that your browser sends (e.g. IP address, URLs requested, etc). If you are a registered user who has purchased access, your username may be recorded along with this access information. We also use a third party for usage analytics: their data policy is located here.
- Cookies: when you visit the site, we may send cookies to your browser that uniquely identify your session. We may also send cookies that reflect actions and preferences you have set (e.g. search order, legal acceptance). Removing these cookies may (will) impair or prevent your use of the site.
- Personal and billing information: If you subscribe to the site or purchase credits, you are asked for various personally-identifying information (name, address, billing information, etc). This information is collected by our billing processor, and we have access only to a limited subset of it- your credit card information is stored securely by them and never given to us. The personal information that is sent to us may be retained on our server in log files or databases. We make an effort to minimize the amount of personally identifying information stored on the server. The logs are rotated regularly, and the databases store the minimum of information necessary to facilitate customer service requests. The full subset of information sent to us by our billing processor is stored offline for archival purposes. Privacy policies are available for both our newer billing processor and our older billing processor.
- We analyze aggregated traffic information to improve usability, performance, and customer satisfaction. We also may analyze individual log data for troubleshooting problems.
- Cookies and login information are used to ensure that some content is only available to people who have paid for access to it, attempt to prevent access by minors, and provide a customized experience of the site.
- Your email address and other personally-identifying information may be used for customer service, administrative or billing purposes. It will not be used for marketing purposes, or provided to third parties except when required by law (see Data Disclosure below).
- We make best-practice efforts to protect your data, using encryption and other tools, and storing the least amount of information required to meet the business needs it was acquired for. If your personal information is exposed despite this, we will attempt to notify you by the best available means.
- It is your responsibility to protect your private login information. Failure to do so may limit or end your ability to access the site.
- We will disclose personal information only if legally required to do so, in order to enforce our terms of service, or to protect rights, safety, or property of ourselves or our subscribers.
- If your personal information is exposed by data breach, or we disclose it for one of the above reasons, we will attempt to notify you wherever possible and legally permissible.
- You are entitled to see the personal data we have collected for you, and correct or delete it by contacting us (contact information is on the 'About' page).
Questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org